The Endeavor Malaysia team are fortunate enough to sit between the junction of seeing how great entrepreneurial stories come to life in every twist and turn the founders make.
These are a few growth stories that are worth noting that unfold as we journey with them:
1. Endeavor Mentor Mohd Khairil Abdullah (Axiata) goes global, joins Dutch-based VEON leadership as CEO of VEON Ventures. Read more here: https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/business/khairil-abdullah-goes-global-joins-dutch-based-veon-leadership-ceo-veon-ventures
2. Endeavor Entrepreneur Loi Tuan Ee (The Holstein Milk Company) submitted IPO application to Securities Council & is en route to Main Market listing Bursa Malaysia.
3. Endeavor Entrepreneur Eric Cheng (Carsome) closed US$200M of Venture Funding for Series D round & acquired the title, Malaysia’s First Unicorn.
4. Local Endeavor Entrepreneurs Joe Khoo & Tommy Yong (iStore iSend) closed US$5.5M of Fundraising for Series B round.
5. Local Endeavor Entrepreneurs Xing Xian Ang, Darrel Ang & Edwin Tan(CapBay) closed US$20M of Fundraising for Series A round & received investments from Kenanga Capital Islamic, a unit of Kenanga Investment Bank (KIBB) in its efforts to address the gap in market for sharia-compliant financing.
6. Cohort 1 ScaleUp Graduate Anthony See & Shayna Teh (Food Market Hub) closed US$8.5M of Fundraising for Series A+ round.
7. Endeavor Entrepreneurs See Wai Hun and Naaman Lee (JurisTech) partnered with CTOS Digital Berhad with a conditional share sale and purchase agreement for 49% equity interest of the company. This will propel JurisTech to fulfil their vision of creating amazing solutions, to build and enrich lives! Read more here: https://juristech.net/juristech/juristech-sells-49-stake-to-ctos-digital-berhad/
Along the way we also had the privilege of hosting:
1. MatchCap in May 2021, an Endeavor APAC Investor network event where we gathered 30+ companies, 30+ investors, with 200+ meeting hours.
2. EndeavHER Q3 & Q4 virtually where we had Vivy Yusof (FashionValet & dUCk) and Amy Zheng (Amazin' Graze) representing Malaysia.
3. Blitzscaling Circles, with Chris Yeh (Co-author, along with Reid Hoffman, of Blitzscaling and The Alliance) for launching the series where we had entrepreneurs from Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia: Eric Cheng(Carsome) and Loi Tuan Ee (The Holstein Milk Company), Hendy Setiono(BabaRafi Enterprise), Roland Ros (Kumu) and Krishnan Menon(Bukukas) sharing their scaling journeys!
4. YABhg Tun Dr Mahathir b. Mohammad at his early book launch for Capturing Hope: The Struggle Continues for a New Malaysia exclusively for the Endeavor network.